Apple’s release notes show that the HomePod software version 16.3 introduces several new functions. It turns on temperature and humidity monitoring for both the HomePod mini and the second-generation HomePod, enabling the use of those signals for home automation.
In the Home app, ambient sounds may be added to scenes, automation, and alarms, and recurrent Home automation can be set up using Siri commands. Ambient sounds have been updated to be more immersive.
When intelligent home requests are made for accessories in a different room or that don’t appear to have changed, Apple has now introduced a particular confirmation tone that will play. You may ask Siri to locate friends and family using the HomePod’s Find My integration.
The first-generation HomePod(apple) has upgraded volume controls for more precise changes at lower volumes. The second-generation bigger HomePod models have optimized audio tuning for improved clarity for spoken material like podcasts and audiobooks. Below are all of Apple’s release notes for the Update.
Homepod Software Update 16.3: New Features and Bug Fixes
- Temperature and humidity sensing measure your indoor climate with HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod mini.
- Remastered ambient sounds are more immersive and can now be added to the Home app’s scenes, automation, and alarms.
- Find My on HomePod now enables you to ask Siri for the location of friends and family if they have shared it with you.
- Recurring Home automation can be set up using just your voice
- Siri confirmation tone will now play to indicate when innovative home requests are completed for accessories that may not visibly show a change or are located in a different room
- Audio tuning optimizes spoken content such as podcasts for even greater clarity on HomePod (2nd generation) and HomePod (1st generation)
- Updated volume controls on HomePod (1st generation) give you more granular adjustments at lower volumes
HomePod 16.3 update and tvOS 16.3 is now live! pic.twitter.com/EZG5ttMPLn
— Stephen Robles (@stephenrobles) January 24, 2023
However, the HomePod may also be manually updated in the Home app by following the instructions in our HomePod Update how. HomePod software is installed automatically on the device unless the feature is off.
In case you need any more Apple-related reading material, here it is:
- Apple Increases the Number of Advertisements in the iPhone App Store
- Apple Releases iOS 16.0.2 Update