Lake County Coronavirus (CV-1) Mortgage Assistance Program will provide the funds.
The following criteria must be met to qualify:
- Head of household must be a US citizen or permanent resident alien
- Residence must be household’s primary residence and be in Lake County
- Residence must have a homeowner’s exemption
- Household must have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 (unemployed, underemployed, reduction of employment hours or rate of pay)
- Household income must be at or below 120% of the area median income
Application forms can be found by clicking here or by contacting the Office of Housing and Community Services at 352-742-6540.
In June 2020, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis earmarked $250 million under the CARES Act for rental and mortgage assistance to families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
A special meeting of the Lake County Board of County Commissioners was held on August 15, 2020, to also approve Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) funding that would assist citizens and families with past due rental, mortgage, and utility assistance of up to $3,000 per household.