Three people were shot and killed in Cleveland, and two others were hurt. Police are looking into what happened.
It happened just before 8 p.m. on Friday at a house in the Brooklyn Center neighborhood on the 3700 block of Mack Court.
The police say that a man, a woman, and a teenage boy all died. In the hospital, a man and a young girl are in critical condition.
A man is being held as a suspect.
Investigators say that the incident seems to be a one-off, and they think it happened at home.
The Police Chief said, “Our hearts go out to the family.” “Our murder unit is already there. The office of the medical examiner is also on its way.”
Right now, police are looking into what happened. Mayor Justin Bibb and several members of his family are also there.
- According to School Officials, the 6-year-backpack Olds Was Searched Before the Shooting
- After a Fatal Shooting on Bell Road, a Man is Taken Into Custody
Bibb’s office said in a statement early Saturday:
- This has been a hard week because another terrible act of gun violence in our city has left a lot of damage.
- The terrible thing that happened tonight is even worse because it happened at home, where a family should feel safe and sound.
- My thoughts and prayers are with the hurt people and their families, friends, and neighbors as they deal with a terrible situation. I’m also grateful to the officers who came to help, ensured the neighborhood was safe, and quickly caught the suspect.
We’ll keep you informed as the situation changes.